Holiday Honeycrisp Salad
This gorgeous Holiday Honeycrisp Salad is full of flavor and texture, with fresh apple slices, crunchy toasted pecans, chewy dried cranberries, zippy blue cheese, and a tangy-sweet apple cider vinaigrette. It’s perfect as a Christmas salad, a Thanksgiving salad, for a dinner party, or as part of a regular weeknight dinner!
- 1/2 cup light vegetable oil such as sunflower or safflower OR extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice OR apple cider
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 medium Honeycrisp apples (about 1 pound) thinly sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 12 ounces salad greens spring mix, baby spinach, arugula, baby romaine, OR a combo of your favorites
- 1 cup pecan halves toasted or candied
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries OR dried cherries
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- To prepare Apple Cider Vinaigrette, measure oil, apple cider vinegar, apple juice/cider, honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper into a mason jar. Tightly screw on lid and shake vigorously until everything is thoroughly combined. Alternatively, you may briskly whisk the ingredients together in a medium bowl, or blend them in a blender or mini food processor.
- Place apple slices in a large plastic baggie and squeeze the fresh lemon juice (from the lemon half) over them. Close bag and shake to coat. In a large salad bowl, layer salad greens, apple slices, pecans, dried cranberries, and blue cheese. Just before serving, dress with desired amount of Apple Cider Vinaigrette and toss until salad ingredients are evenly coated.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 356mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 635IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg